Sunday 22 February 2015

Bellabox February Cosmopolitan Unboxing 2015







Bellabox is an Australian beauty sample subscription box which for the price of $15 AUD per month, provides subscribers with at least 5 samples (occasionally there will be a full sized product). This is the only beauty sample subscription box that I am signed up to at the moment. Basically because it is the cheapest (Australian) one and although I have an overload of samples I enjoy receiving these surprise boxes each month. 

This month's theme was 'Beauty School' and Bellabox collaborated with three magazines to curate three different boxes; Cosmopolitan, Haper's Bazzar, and Elle. Some subscribers were able to choose which magazine they wanted to receive, and I was lucky enough to be one of those members. I chose Cosmopolitan because I thought the samples would be a bit more fashion forward than the other magazine's boxes.

What was in my Bellabox:

COSMOPOLITAN March Edition (RRP $7.95 AUD)
I don't normally buy magazines unless there is a free product attached to it. I do enjoy reading them but I prefer not to waste my money on buying them.

ESSIE Nail Colour in 'Strut Your Stuff' (RRP $16.96 AUD) Full size product
This month every subscriber was going to receive a full sized Essie nail polish, and considering that the nail polish is worth more than what we paid for the box I'm pretty happy. I haven't tried Essie nail polishes but I have heard good things about them and it seems to be quite a popular brand. I would  not have chosen a blue nail polish for myself, but I will still use it.

CHAPSTICK Natural Paw Paw (RRP $4.99 AUD) Full size product
I am always using lip balm so I welcome getting this chapstick since it saves me from having to buy some myself. This seems like an okay lip balm.

ORIGINAL SOURCE Shower Gel 'Mint and Tea Tree' (RRP $3.99 AUD for 250ml) Sample size
I enjoy Original Source shower gels because they smell amazing, and this particular one does to. I am a shower gel type of person so I will definitely by using this product.

NEUTROGENA Hydro Boost Water Gel (RRP $24.99 AUD for 50g) Sample size
I've tried this sample before and I quiet liked it, it feels nice and is moisturising.

AVEENO Daily Moisturizing Lotion (RRP $14.99 AUD for 354ml) Sample size
This is perhaps my third or fourth time getting this exact sample so I'm a bit over it. It is a nice moisturising body lotion so while I will use it, I'm just  not that excited about receiving it. 

Z'KIN ORGANICS Skincare samples
These are for oily or combination skin which is what I have so I was pleased with that. I have received another one of these skincare sample packs from Violetbox which I haven't tried yet. I don't mind the doubling up because it means that I might get a decent feel of the skincare range with been able to try the samples more than once. 

VERDICT:
Overall I am pretty happy with what I received in this Cosmopolitan box. Sure I have a few of these samples already but they are all products that I will use. Also the price of the magazine and the Essie nail polish more than covers the price of the subscription, so I think this is good value. I have  actually signed up my daughter (who is 4 years old) to get a Bellabox, in the hopes of getting on of the other magazine's boxes.


1 comment:

  1. Hehe I don't normally buy mags unless there's a free product involved either ; ). I'm glad you were happy with the box. One of the best things about Bellabox I reckon is that their boxes always seem to arrive promptly and without fuss!

    ReplyDelete