Sunday 8 February 2015

Violet Box January 2015 Unboxing



Violet Box is an Australia beauty sample subscription which cost $22.95 AUD per month, for at least 5 samples. The thing that I particularly like about Violet Box is that it tends to have more full sized products than other Australian subscription boxes. The January Violet Box did not arrive until the start of February but normally this company's boxes do arrive in their set month.

What was in my January Violet Box:

THE COSMETIC KITCHEN Raw Chocolate Clay Mask 50g (RRP $24.95 AUD) Full size product
I am attempting to use a mask at least 2 times a weeks so I was very happy to receive this. This is a clay mask where you have to add water. I prefer other types of masks because I find these ones to be a bit messy, but I will definitely use this.

REAL CHEMISTRY Luminous 3 Minute Peel 50ml (RRP $67 AUD) Sample size 5ml
When I first saw this I was pretty interested since I am starting to use peels and masks more frequently in my skin care routine. I tried this in the shower the other day and I quite liked it. You rub it on your face for three minutes while it takes bits of dead skin off and then you wash it off. There were bits of stuff coming off my face which are suppose to be dead skin, but the cynic in me thinks it was mostly just the gel in the peel coming off. It might be one of those things that make you feel like it is doing a lot more than it actually is. I'll use it a couple of times and then see how I feel about it.

EMITE Make Up Precision Eye Pencil (RRP $24.95 AUD) Full size product
My four year thought my last white liner would make a great colouring in pencil so I am glad that I have this so I can replace it. This eye pencil is more of an off white colour which I like because when I use it as an eyeliner it isn't as stark as the white one.

MELLOW COSMETICS Blush 5g (RRP $14 AUD) Full size product
I'm not really into blushes so I am a bit indifferent to this. I have one blush that I sometimes use so perhaps I should just stick with that one, and give this one away. Mine came in the colour peach. While I think the colour looks fine I detect a hint of shimmer which I am not a big fan of. I've decided not to swatch it, since I tend to swatch a lot of things and never use them afterwards (I am trying not to be so wasteful)

LONVITALITE 24K Active Gold Yulan Eye Mask (RRP 25.95 AUD for a 5 pack) 1 pack
I am a bit wary of using this a mask I tried the 24k Gold Yulan Face mask last year and it gave me a strange tingly feeling, it wasn't painful but it felt weird. I have seen that these masks are not recommended for very sensitive skin, so perhaps it just isn't suited to my skin. I'm not sure if I will use this or not, but I am leaning towards trying it since I haven't used an eye mask before.

VERDICT:
First off I should mention I am disappointed that this arrived in February, but I guess things happen that cause delays and at least it occur that often with Violet Box. However I have to admit that I do like this box, especially considering that there are 3 full size products. I think there is a good mix of skin care and make up, and whilst I am not super excited about anything in particular I could probably use every product here.

This will probably be my last Violet Box for a little while since I'm trying to save money for a holiday to Africa. I'll miss getting a box of beauty goodies but to be honest I have so much make up and skin care products at the moment, I should really try and get through my stash before buying more.

3 comments:

  1. A holiday to Africa! Awesome. I'll be looking out for photos - when are you going? I've seen mixed reviews of this box - some love it and some really don't. Hopefully the box gets better once you've used everything : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are planning to go to Seychelles (it's an island near Madagascar). Hopefully around September or otherwise sometime next year.

    ReplyDelete